- 2.6.24 on January 24th 2008,
- 2.6.26 on July 13th, 2008, and
- 2.6.27 on October 9 2008
Here is when it reached the users
- Gentoo 2008.0 released on July 6, 2008 has linux 2.6.24 which was ~5.5 months old.
- Ubuntu 8.10 released on October 30th, 2008 has 2.6.27 which was ~0.6 months old.
- Fedora 10 released on 25 November 2008 has 2.6.27 which was ~1.5 months old.
- Opensuse 11.1 released on December 18th, 2008, has 2.6.27 wihch was roughly ~2.3 months old.
- Debian 5.0 released on February 14th, 2009 has 2.6.26 which was roughly ~7 months old.
Distros used by power-users seems to be always running slightly older version compared to the distros aimed at the layman! Yeah, but power users^Wdevelopers use the unstable/development/factory/head version of their favourite distro and not the released stable. But Ubuntu stable(!) is based on debian unstable! And debian stable is so outdated. opensuse seems to be quiet the latest but not straight from the unstable development snapshot.
p.s: I use only opensuse regularly among these distros. So any mis-information and bias is likely. ;)